The perfect piece of cookware for nachosAny gathering is made better by good food and good friends. Add in nachos and you’ve got a crowd-pleaser – no matter where or how they’re served. Cook and serve this staple with style at any gathering in a FINEX skillet. Heavy-gauge cast iron keeps the nachos hotter for longer and looking better – even after the nachos are gone. A FINEX skillet is the perfect piece to cook and serve your favorite nacho recipes – or try a couple of ours.
Smoky Chipotle NachosAmerica’s Test Kitchen calls cast iron the “perfect vessel for nachos” and we couldn’t agree more! These Smokey Chipotle Nachos (above, left) are based off their Loaded Beef Nachos and are designed to be cooked and served all out of one FINEX 12″ Cast Iron Skillet. In our version, you’ll need an open flame to char two bell peppers so if you aren’t cooking on a gas range, get your torch or camp stove ready. Interested in more nachos?
Smoky Chipotle Nachos
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 oz 90% lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ⅛ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ C chicken broth
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz tortilla chip
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ tsp Jacobsen Smoked Sea Salt
- 7 oz Chipotles in adobo sauce
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves, julienne or finely sliced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
Buffalo Chicken NachosNachos are a great crowd-pleasing appetizer, especially when served during a big game or anytime friends are gathered in front of the TV. These Buffalo Chicken Nachos (shown above, at top) blend two of our favorite sports bar foods, and improve them both with a FINEX cast-iron presentation that keeps them hot longer than ever. These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are inspired by a local Portland craft brewery favored by our small team of perfectionists.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Corn tortilla chips
- 5-10 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5-10 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 5 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken
- 6 oz Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers
- 1-2 sticks of celery
- 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 green onions
- 6-8 oz blue cheese salad dressing
- Place FINEX Skillet on the range and turn on heat to medium low.
- Slice jalapeño peppers into rounds (remove seeds if desired).
- Sauté peppers in light oil on medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place butter inside skillet, allow time for butter to begin melting.
- Add Frank’s Red Hot Sauce & garlic powder, stir vigorously.
- Turn off range, and remove blended buffalo sauce from skillet. Place blended buffalo sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Place a layer of corn tortilla chips inside your FINEX Cast Iron Skillet.
- Top with jalapeños, cheddar, monterey jack, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Remove chicken meat from rotisserie chicken and toss in buffalo sauce.
- Place layer of chicken on top of chips.
- Repeat steps 7-10 for second layer of nachos.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Dice peppers, celery, carrots, and green onions into small pieces.
- Top baked nachos with veggies & blue cheese salad dressing. Serve!