Pumpkin Spice Drop Donuts
2 C all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
⅓ C packed brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1 C canned pumpkin
3 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
½ C cinnamon sugar, for coating
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to blend.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg together with the pumpkin and milk. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls into the hot oil. Fry about 5 or 6 donuts at a time – turning to brown both sides, for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the donuts to paper towels to drain.
- Roll the pumpkin donuts in cinnamon sugar or dust with powdered sugar.