Executive Chef Mike Garaghty from Wüsthof Knives put our cast iron skillets to work when he crafted this delicious recipe. Espresso goes well on just about any protein, but it’s especially delicious with Pork Tenderloin. As Chef Mike mentioned, “Pork tenderloin is an open canvas – you have to bring the flavor to it.” Without a doubt, this espresso rub delivers the flavor. Give it a try!
Watch the Recipe Video:
- 2 Pork Tenderloin: About 3 Pounds
- Olive Oil: Enough to Coat the Meat and Bottom of the Skillet
- 1 Tbsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 4 Strips Thick Cut Bacon: Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper: Diced
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic: Minced
- 12 Oz Fresh Sweet Corn (Use Frozen if Fresh Is Not Available)
- 1 12 Oz Bag Frozen Lima Beans or Edamame
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion: Diced
- 3 C Baby Spinach or Baby Kale (or a Mixture of the Two)
- 1 C Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 C White Wine
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
Sour Cherry Glaze
- 1 C Sour Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 C Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the silver skin and trim any excess fat using your WÜSTHOF Classic 6” Curved Boning Knife.
Mix espresso powder and spices together. Lightly coat pork with olive oil and rub spice mix all over the pork, coating as much as possible.Preheat your FINEX 12-Inch Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat. Add pork an sear on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
Place pan with pork into the oven and roast to an internal temp of 145 degrees. Let pork rest on a cutting board loosely tented for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Sour Cherry Glaze
Combine ingredients in the FINEX 1-Quart Sauce Pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer. Reduce liquid by 1/2 until thickened.
While pork tenderloin is resting. In the FINEX skillet fry bacon on medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon, reserving fat in the pan.
Add the onion, red pepper and garlic to pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add corn and lima beans. Heat through, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine. Stir until tomatoes are lightly cooked. Add chopped bacon. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Slice pork into medallions using the WÜSTHOF Classic 8-inch Offset Deli Knife, serve in the FINEX 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet over succotash and drizzle sour cherry glaze over the top.